Emerge is actively recruiting for a Product Line Manager in Riverside, CA for our client, a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions for over seventy-five years. In this role you will be responsible for profit and loss for the company’s Sensor product line. Ensures product line’s market competitiveness and develops leadership position in target market segments. Supports marketing and Sales in targeting key customers and develop strategy for growth. Provides matrixed leadership for functions dedicated to the Sensor product line which includes product engineering, application engineering, and pricing analysis. Develops, formulates, and executes short- and long-term product business plans. Keeps abreast of product, market, technology, and applications trends and provides leadership for selection and execution of product development and technology adoption.
Responsibilities of the Product Manager – Sensors, in Riverside, CA include:
- Champions and promotes the product line to optimize market share position, sales revenue, and profit in partnership and cooperation with sales and market management functions.
- Develops and executes short- and long-term business plans for the product line.
- Maintains and updates product and technology roadmap.
- Drives customer focused culture through the product line.
- Establishes meaningful measurable goals for direct reports and continually reviews performance, recommends pay increases, disciplinary actions, and other personnel changes.
- Establishes goals and improvement strategies for model families and product related processes. Manages projects in conjunction with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and other functions to improve technical performance and cost competitiveness.
- Plans, directs, and implements product-related service improvement projects on a worldwide basis to meet geographic and business unit needs.
- Recommends, implements, and monitors specific programs to improve overall plant service levels, product costs, and product line competitiveness for all worldwide plants.
- Establishes and maintains complete portfolio of competition including product strategies, product line analysis and competitor product changes. Ensures effective competitive training of the sales organizations and engineering functions.
- Establishes product support and channel growth programs and is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing communications materials and field training.
- Evaluates and approves all proposed engineering changes and coordinates customer approvals when required by following the standard process for Product change notification, Product obsoleteness memo, and product update memo.
- Establishes quality improvement goals and 6 Sigma design models for compliance with LRP objectives and market requirements.
- Provides direction and matrix manages Engineering programs to improve product line competitiveness.
- Evaluates/monitors product line profitability – corrects as necessary.
- Manage product pricing worldwide to optimize volume, market share and profitability.
- Established supplier’s relationship to develop new products that fit product line’s strategy and are competitive in performance and cost.
- Manage product capacity and material planning by accurate forecasting
- Development of individual goals and objectives, annual performance evaluation, and development planning for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred) or equivalent education, experience and/or training. Advanced technical degree highly desired.
– Demonstrated ability to perform the above duties.
– Must have good time management skills, be able to continually evaluate priorities and make appropriate adjustments.
– Financial acumen required.
– Must possess potential to grow into future roles with increasing responsibilities.