Emerge Partners is actively recruiting qualified candidates for a 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic Job in Rochester, NY. Our client specializes in CNC Machining for multiple applications and has been in business for decades. The Maintenance Mechanic will repair CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers, Lathes, and various other Machine Shop Equipment. You will follow Preventative Maintenance Programs and adhere to PM Maintenance Procedures. The 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic will offer an hourly rate, overtime, excellent benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K and room for advancement.
Job Duties for the 1st/A-SHIFT Maintenance Mechanic job in Rochester, NY:
- Repair CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers, Lathes and various other Machine Shop Equipment.
- Follow Preventative Maintenance Program and strictly adhere to Preventative Maintenance Procedures. Follows appropriate Lock Out – Tag Out procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting experience including electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC’s.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of equipment and equipment rooms.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance and corresponding reports daily.
- Complete assigned work orders
- Resolve electrical problems.
- Other maintenance related duties assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Sound knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical schematic drawings and relative processes.
- Ability to read, understand, draw, trouble shoot and repair systems and processes in a timely fashion using sophisticated test equipment, as necessary, related to these systems.
- Ability to provide innovative approaches and designs to difficult problems.
- Mechanical and electrical repair expertise
- Mathematical aptitude with ability to calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume as well as apply basic algebraic and geometry applications.
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints, drawings and schematics.
- Understanding of word processing, spreadsheets, email, knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Thorough knowledge and demonstration of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Understanding of State, Federal, Local OSHA Safety Regulations.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Ability to work with and supervise outside contractors.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.