Emerge is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire 1st shift General CNC Machinist job in Charlotte, NC for our client, a growing manufacturer of quality Aerospace Industry Parts. The General CNC Machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machining centers (mills and lathes) to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing a variety of duties to produce quality production components in a manufacturing atmosphere. Experience with Okuma and Haas CNC Machinery is a plus! Our client offers a competitive hourly pay rate of $26-$27.32 per hour DOE with a $.25 increase every 3 months, and extensive benefits package that starts on the first day.
Responsibilities for the CNC Machinist Job in Charlotte, NC Includes:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures and prepare material for subsequent machining.
- Manages machinery holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut
- Detects malfunctions and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Uses precision measuring tools such as calipers, mics, and height gages to ensure compliance. .
- Operates manual machinery which requires moving and relocating tailstock on lathes performed several times a day as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years related experience and/or training in CNC including set ups, tool changes, inspections, etc.; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Okuma and Haas machining centers, as well as Fanuc controls is a plus!
- Detailed training in CNC machine operation is preferred.
- Must be able to interpret documents such as manufacturing prints and work order packets.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.