Emerge is actively recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer Job in Rochester, NY for our client, a global manufacturing company. The Industrial Engineer provides technical expertise to determine and implement the most efficient and cost-effective use of all resources to meet customer requirements while continuously driving Cost Controls and eliminating waste. Candidates should be experiences in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principals, with Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.You will be working in a state of the art manufacturing facility with robotic equipment and auxiliary equipment.
Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits program, and room for growth and development.
Responsibilities for the manufacturing/Industrial Engineer Job in Rochester, NY:
- Will work independently and in a team environment to support the daily function of the manufacturing and business office operations
- Will identify, participate and lead projects, training, workshops, kaizen events to continuously improve manufacturing and business transactional processes
- Will utilize and train personnel to utilize Lean tools/methods; 6S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Set Up Reduction, etc.
- Will sustain and improve current processes of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Costs.
- Will lead and participate in cross functional improvement teams at all organizational levels
- Will use data and statistical analysis to prioritize projects
- Will work closely with senior staff on layout of manufacturing floor as new equipment is acquired
- Will be the focal point for all documentation to BOMs, labor standards, and operation procedures, including work instructions, etc.
- Will develop and deliver training material as needed
- BS Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma
- ISO/TS, ITAR, and FDA knowledge and experience a plus
- Simulation experience a plus
- Safety training and background a plus
Who is Emerge you ask? We are a collection of people who care deeply about working together to solve our clients’ Consulting, Staffing and Managed Services needs. Our company’s values embody the excellence and drive we provide our clients. Our Talent Solutions recruiting teams have deep functional expertise, and we have extensive networks and relationships with the world’s best talent. We provide multi-functional, multi-industry global talent solutions, delivered based on your needs. #INDDH