Emerge is actively recruiting for an Operations Supervisor job near the Rochester, NY area. Our client is a growing manufacturing company that offers stability and growth. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the daily activities of the manufacturing shift to ensure safe, efficient, secure operations to meet production quality and regulatory requirements. The Operations Supervisor will directly manage union workforce employees. The Operations Supervisor will report directly to the Sr. Operations Supervisor and offer a generous base salary, excellent benefits, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, and room for advancement. If you are interested in joining a growing company that values people, please apply NOW!
Job Duties for the Operations Supervisor near Rochester, NY:
- Responsible for other Operations Supervisor position in their absence.
- Ensures a safe work environment exists and that personnel work in a safe manner.
- Supervise and assist employees, directing work, investigating incidents & issues, effectively resolving conflict.
- Train and ensure employees follow job and safe work requirements.
- Use root cause analysis tools to identify preventative and corrective actions to eliminate problems.
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental work instructions and SOP’s.
- Recommends measures to improve quality of service, increase efficiency of department, work crews and equipment performance.
- Pro-actively confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities between departments and serve internal customers.
- Maintains standards of health, safety, food, and security including GMP, HACCP, SQF, as per Company policies and applicable regulations.
- Meet functional responsibilities by effectively interacting with Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Material Handling and Finance departments.
- Communicate and work with Employees to resolve issues/problems
- Support all regulations, policies, procedures, work rules and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Job Requirements for the Operations Supervisor near Rochester, NY:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years direct manufacturing supervisory related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with high volume, automated processing equipment.
- Supervisory experience in unionized environment.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.