Emerge is actively recruiting for a Plant/Operations Manager job near Falconer, New York. Our client, a global manufacturing company has been in business since 1956 and owns and operates multiple plants in New York and Ohio. Our client employs over 120 people at this location three shifts. The Plant/Operations Manager will have responsibility for maximizing safety, quality, and efficiencies for the facility. The Plant/Operations Manager will take ownership of the Plant Safety Program and ensure that best safety practices are being followed. This position will also be responsible for meeting daily production expectations and overall delivery dates and quality standards by directly managing their team. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Manufacturing. The Plant/Operations Manager will offer a generous salary, bonus, excellent benefits, 401K and room for advancement. If you are interested in joining a company who values people and offers long-term stability and growth, please apply NOW to our Manufacturing Practice Director, Lisa Capizzi at Lisa.Capizzi@Emerge360.com or you can call Lisa at 585-953-1649.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PLANT/OPERATIONS MANAGER:
- Work with Production Supervisors to develop procedures that continually improve the quality and efficiency of production.
- Ensure all ISO Standard Operating Procedures are implemented and followed.
- Maintain process to ensure all materials required for the job are available when needed.
- Work with vendors to maintain a positive relationship and continually reduce cost on necessary raw materials.
- Prioritize Plant Scheduling to optimize efficiency and increase On Time Delivery.
- Allocate appropriate staff as needed within the Scheduling, Production, Maintenance and Shipping Departments.
- Provide performance feedback to plant employees to help maximize production efficiencies.
- Conduct daily production meetings to coordinate pending production and resolve any day-to-day or upcoming issues.
- Work with Account Managers on production changes, scheduling conflicts or errors that will affect on time delivery.
- Develop and implement appropriate systems to ensure accuracy of Plant and Warehouse inventory and customer shipments.
- Responsible for all preparation, accuracy of counts, and record completion for monthly and annual inventory.
- Ensure all shipments are accurate and shipped on time.
- Oversee management and supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the building, warehouses and machinery are maintained and repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Make proactive repairs to ensure the buildings and equipment are environmentally safe and meet OSHA standards.
- Develop schedules to rebuild, rework, and repair machines to prevent future downtime.
- Move the maintenance department from a reactive (preventative) maintenance program to a proactive (predictive) maintenance program.
- Manage and monitor waste program and ensure waste goals are being met.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PLANT/OPERATIONS MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 7-10 years of Manufacturing/Production supervisory experience
- OSHA regulations and compliance experience
- Ability to lead large teams
- Microsoft Skills
- ERP experience
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.