Emerge is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Production Supervisor Job in Erie, PA for our client, a busy and growing manufacturing company. The Production Supervisor provides leadership to the production employees and manages, directs and/or coordinates the work activity and resources necessary for manufacturing production in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. The Production Supervisor will direct the team to achieve goals using established procedures and policies. This is primarily a first shift position. Our client offers an hourly pay rate for this postion with overtime pay as needed and excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor Job in Erie, PA include:
- Will work with several teams including planning/scheduling, purchasing, production, inventory, and shipping to expedite product through the manufacturing organization.
- Work hands-on to ensure that production schedules are met and shipments to customers are completed on time.
- Expedite all aspects of production operation on appropriate shifts as directed by the Production Manager.
- Expedite materials from department to department.
- Oversee flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production.
- Review production schedules and work with the Scheduling Department to establish priorities and availability/capability of workers, parts, materials, machines, and equipment. Including moving personnel between departments as needed.
- Ensure that quality, safety, and customer standards are met
- Communicate schedules and schedule changes to department leads. Including forewarning departments on what is coming towards them to prepare.
- Practice time management to stay on top of production schedules.
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a group lead or supervisor in a manufacturing facility, or one or more years of experience with completed secondary education.
- Experience in broad manufacturing including machining, fabircation, etc.
- Demonstratable leadership qualities and skills
- Able to read and understand job travelers/orders
- Able to read and understand part drawings/blueprints
If you would like to apply for this position, please click “Apply Now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results. #INDDH