Emerge is actively recruiting for a Safety Manager in Rochester, NY. Our client is a global manufacturing company that specializes in the production of food and beverages. The Safety Manager will plan, implement, and coordinate programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses and appraise conditions that could produce accidents. The Safety Manager plans and directs safety and health activities in an industrial plant to evaluate and control environmental hazards. The Safety Manager inspects machinery, equipment, and working conditions in industrial or other settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations. The Safety Manager will offer a generous base salary, excellent benefits, 401K, room for advancement. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume to Lisa.Capizzi@Emerge360.com or call Lisa at 585-953-1649.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE SAFETY MANAGER IN ROCHESTER, NY:
- Involvement in daily huddle meetings to provide a safety department presence and message.
- Reviewing and leading any incident investigations from the previous shifts or that occur while on shift.
- Ensure that the Communication Board is always functioning and displaying current information.
- Facility walkthrough to ensure boots on the ground with a focus on behavior and adherence to safe work practices.
- Review Open Action Items and update status (weekly review with management).
- Perform observations of near misses and hazard recognition in the facility
- Review weekly Supervisor Audits and ensure that follow-up actions are added to the Action List in Teams and addressed.
- New Employee Safety Orientations – cover training coordinator when necessary.
- Implement the health and safety program requirements at the facility.
- Perform proactive safety functions.
- Audit departments’ completion of the required safety documentation like pre-shift inspections on PITs.
- Train employees and implement and improve the Learning Plan (Annual Training Topics).
- Manage Near Miss/Hazard recognition program, track and resolve open safe items.
- Oversee Root Cause Analysis for incidents.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for plant operations.
- Develop One Point Lessons as necessary.
- Oversee Monthly Safety Committee Meeting
- Ensure that OSHA 300 log is current and properly maintained.
- Identify and Implement Weekly Toolbox Topics.
- Implement the Safety Management Operating System and complete Follow-up actions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAFETY MANAGER IN ROCHESTER, NY:
- A BS degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Sciences, Business, Health or in a related field. MS in EHS or an MBA degree is preferred.
- Five plus years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial setting preferred.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Understanding of environmental regulations and good practices.
- Ability to produce reports and develop/manage relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety, and environmental field.
- Collaborative problem solver who understands the complexities of a manufacturing environment.
- Expected to take a hands-on approach and build relationships with leaders and employees throughout the organization.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.