Emerge Partners is ACTIVELY recruiting for a Tooling Engineer Job in Rochester, NY. Our client, a global high precision plastic injection mold company is growing! The Tooling Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for cost, quality, and delivery of managing/engineering the design, build and development of tooling related to the injection molding process. This position will interact with customers, manufacturing plants, internal shop, and suppliers. The Tooling Engineer will offer a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus, excellent benefits, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays and room for advancement.
Job Duties for the Tooling Engineer in Rochester, NY:
- Part of a cross functional product development team with responsibility of being technical lead for tooling.
- Decide on tool design concept, with tool designers, and lead Design Review meetings with cross functional teams to engineer a tool to meet customer and plant requirements.
- Debug and groom tools to meet quality and manufacturing standards
- Track and monitor the entire tool performance for cost, quality, and delivery against quoted assumptions.
- Provide general technical assistance to the Tool Room personnel as required.
- Liaison between internal departments including, but not limited to, Quality, Molding, Project Engineering, Tool Room, Shipping, and Scheduling.
- Responsible for continuous improvement tool related issues on respective program families
- Coordinates both corrective action and continuous improvement activities
- Supports day to day activities as needed on the production floor
- Must be able to use CAD to review tool designs. SolidWorks is preferable.
- Able to travel up to 25% domestic with some international travel each year
Job Skills for the Tooling Engineer in Rochester, NY:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ engineering experience in injection molding plastics industry
- Limited assembly automation experience
- Use of standard business software such as Microsoft 365
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making skills, problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Technologically proficient
- Strong, professional communication skills essential, both oral and written
Education and Job Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering Bachelor’s Degree preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Mold Building experience preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDD
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.