Emerge is actively recruiting for a Warehouse Supervisor job in Rochester, NY. Our client is a global food manufacturing company that is growing. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supervising and assisting in the daily warehouse operations. The Warehouse Supervisor will ensure compliance with inventory initiatives, including cycle counts and year-end physical inventory. The Warehouse Supervisor will report directly to the Warehouse Manager and offer a base salary, excellent benefits, 401K and room for advancement within the company. If you are interested in joining a global manufacturing company that is growing, please apply NOW or you can call our Practice Director, Lisa Capizzi at 585-953-1649 to learn more.
JOB DUTIES FOR THE WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR IN ROCHESTER, NY:
- Supervise and assist in the daily warehouse operations and shipping area to include filling and shipping customer orders (including labelling and staging as needed), satisfying internal shipping requirements, ensure accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation and receiving incoming material.
- Ensuring work orders from production, packaging lines, receiving finished goods, and inventory transactions are accurately logged. This also includes overseeing reconciliation activity.
- Ensures compliance with inventory accuracy initiatives, including cycle counts and year-end physical inventory audit.
- Coordinates and enforces company policies and procedures for a safe and efficient operation.
- Measures and reports the effectiveness of departmental activities.
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental work instructions and SOP’s.
- Recommends measures to improve quality of service, increase efficiency of department, work crews and equipment performance.
- Pro-actively confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities between departments and serve internal customers.
- Supervises warehouse team, assigns tasks appropriately and assesses performance against KPI’s.
- Motivates and trains employees.
- Maintains standards of health, safety, food and security including GMP, HACCP, SQF, as per Company policies and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for the care, use and maintenance of tools used in the warehouse including forklifts and other materials moving equipment, racking, hand-held scanners, and data input terminals.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE WARESHOUSE SUPERVISOR IN ROCHESTER, NY:
- Associates Degree and minimum of 3 years of relevant warehouse experience including 2 years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate Leadership skills and ability to manage and coach warehouse team members.
- Proven ability to implement and enforce process improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of Truckload, LTL and refrigerated transportation and distribution operations.
- Demonstrated expertise with warehouse management software and databases including Microsoft Office.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with excellent follow-up practices
- Food warehouse experience a plus.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.