Emerge is actively recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic in Rochester, NY. Our client is a Plastic Injection Molding Company that specializes in Medical Devices. The Maintenance Mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and be responsible for supporting the organization by performing preventative maintenance and repairs on production and auxiliary equipment in an industrial setting. We are seeking candidates with two or more years of experience in hands-n industrial maintenance.
The 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic offers a generous hourly rate, overtime, excellent benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401K and room for advancement.
Job Duties for the 1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic:
- Install, troubleshoot, service and repair of all production related equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of mechanical issues, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, heat exchangers, central chillers, and central water reclaim systems, manufacturing automation systems, and multi axis robotics.
- Ability to think critically and perform repairs in a timely manner. Able to recognize and recommend improvements to machine and/or cell layouts.
- Responsible for Barrel/Screw/Check Ring maintenance and Measurements.
- Individually responsible for a bank of molding machines and robotics which are audited daily.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety rules and always wearing proper PPE.
- May be responsible for training others or leading a team to perform a repair.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in industrial maintenance with plastic injection, plant automation/robotics and auxiliary equipment preferred.
- Use and understanding of electrical testing equipment for troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics/prints.
- Experience with 24VDC, 208 Single and three phase, 480 VOLT.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or GED required and Trade School, Apprenticeship, Technical Associates Degree or Work-Related Experience strongly preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDD
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.