Emerge is actively seeking qualified candidates for a direct hire Aerospace Design Engineer job in Hampton, VA for our client, an innovative aerospace manufacturer with a state-of-the-art investment casting facility. The Aerospace Design Engineer collaborates within a close team, utilizing three-dimensional process modeling and finite element simulations to enhance our client’s casting facilities. Responsibilities include constructing and solving large 3-D finite element models, developing procedural improvements, and advancing the technical capabilities of the client’s castings. Our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, including a generous 401k retirement plan, medical insurance, retirement savings plan, and relocation assistance.
Responsibilities for the Aerospace Design Engineer job in Hampton, VA include:
– Constructing and solving large 3-D finite element models using supplied electronic data to predict and reduce as-cast defects in equiaxed and/or directionally solidified product lines.
– Developing and improving procedures, boundary conditions, material databases, and applying process modeling for investment casting foundry applications.
– Applying general heat transfer and fluid dynamics modeling resources within the business unit.
– Advancing the technical capability of the company’s castings through simulated design trade studies of the investment casting manufacturing process.
– Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline; a master’s degree in an Engineering principle is preferred.
– Ability to set up and analyze fluid flow, heat transfer, and stress/strain finite element models of manufacturing processes.
– Three (3) or more years of industrial experience.
– Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in finite element casting simulation, thermal analysis, stress/strain analysis, or computational fluid dynamics analysis, along with advanced CAD experience.
– Extensive working knowledge of ProCAST, finite element analysis, and/or computational fluid dynamics.
– Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. Visa sponsorship is not available. This position is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), requiring U.S. person status.
– Basic knowledge of the investment casting manufacturing process.
– Experience with JMatPro (or other CALPHAD computer software).
– Knowledge and training in physical metallurgy and mechanics of materials.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now.” Thank you in advance for applying; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
About Emerge: We are a global talent solutions company collaborating with clients worldwide, delivering managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions. Our commitment is to your success, working swiftly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.