Emerge is actively recruiting for Logistics Billing Specialist in Morrisville, NC. Our client, a global Freight Forwarder/CHB that is growing! The Logistics Billing Specialist is a Direct Hire Job and will offer a base salary, excellent benefits, 401K and room for advancement. The Logistics Billing Specialist will be responsible for creating customer invoices, resolving carrier rate discrepancies and processing claims. This position will be responsible for maintaining accurate records and assisting with other carrier and customer activities as required .Our client offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits and room for growth.
Logistics Billing Specialist
This role is responsible for creating customer invoices, resolving carrier rate discrepancies and processing claims. This position will be responsible for maintaining accurate records and assisting with other carrier and customer activities as required. The Logistics Billing Specialist will be responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable as well reviewing carrier bills and approving them for payment. This role will also be responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to ensure excellent customer service to ensure that their accounting expectations and needs are met.
- Collaborate with the sales teams to understand their clients and related accounting needs.
- Display top-notch customer service skills as you answer inbound inquiries from clients / carriers and build relationships with customer accounting contacts.
- Learn each customer’s invoicing portal and develop processes to maximize collections and minimize billing discrepancies.
- Proactively research payment details and reach out to clients as needed.
- Pull weekly reports and distribute for internal consumption.
- Follow AR trending patterns to predict and prevent past due invoices.
- Strive to meet and exceed aging goals on a consistent basis.
- Settle payments with customers.
- Resolve payment disputes thoroughly, involving management when appropriate.
- Execute administrative tasks, including document uploading and retrieval.
- Represent our client’s brand through transparent and professional communication with customers via phone and email.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience working in Accounts Receivable is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of logistics experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to deal with claims, collections and settlements.
- Solid data entry skills with regard to speed and accuracy.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills.
- A self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced office setting.
- Organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDD
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.