Emerge, a global talent solutions company, is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Foundry Casting Process Engineer position in Hampton, VA. Our client is an aerospace manufacturer comprised of innovators and makers, boasting a state-of-the-art investment casting facility. The Casting Foundry Process Engineer is responsible for teaming with engineering and manufacturing to ensure that the investment casting processes are performed in compliance with methods, materials, and equipment specifications for Titanium and Superalloy large structural castings. We are seeking self-directed, forward thinkers that can innovate when the opportunity is presented, be a leader with shop personnel and management.
Our client offers a salary based on experience (years in industry) from $75,000 – $110,000 per year along with excellent benefits, including a generous 401k retirement plan, medical insurance, retirement savings plan, and more. Relocation is available.
Responsibilities for the Casting Foundry Process Engineer job in Hampton, VA include:
- Monitor key variables of the manufacturing sub-processes such as knock-out, cutting, grinding, and cleaning, to determine process stability.
- Drive process stability and improvements through structured process monitoring and by promoting best practice methodologies and new technologies.
- Perform/ lead and report on monthly process reviews.
- Ensure the timely and effective resolution of issues resulting from internal, peer, and external audits.
- Assume responsibility for integrity of assigned process requirements.
- Interact with internal and external customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues.
- Responsible for determination of the root cause of any deviation from critical process specifications and provide technical support to Process and Product Engineering to resolve post cast process related issues.
- Contribute to Business Unit new technology adaptation and validation efforts.
- Oversight of downstream product quality as it relates to the post cast processes and reacts appropriately to observed conditions.
- Institute proper project monitoring, follow-up, and feedback system to ensure financial and contract targets are met.
- Champions continuous improvement utilizing process management, designed experiments, Six Sigma, and statistical process control.
- Provide technical guidance to management and peers in areas of current or potential needs of the plant as the Post Cast expert.
- Follow EHS Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) requirements along with all department-specific safety requirements Contribute to Business Unit new technology adaptation and validation efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, or other applicable Engineering discipline is required.
- Three (3) or more years of Investment casting industry or related industry experience preferred.
- Leadership experience is a plus and offers a higher salary.
- Ability to work in a self-directed or team environment.
- Must be able to apply engineering concepts to daily observations.
- Must be able to apply principles of standard work.
- Knowledge of Mini-tab, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Familiarity/working knowledge with 3D modeling preferred (SolidWorks and/or ProCAST preferred).
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.