Emerge is actively recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire CNC Setup Machinist job in Macedon, NY, for our client, a growing precision machining company. The CNC Setup Machinist will focus on product quality and efficiency for the 2nd shift and be a team leader/supervisor Candidates must be experienced in the setup and running of horizontal and vertical CNC milling machines with a focus on problem-solving. You will use your experience and problem-solving skills and independently complete difficult setups quickly with good-quality results. This shift operates Monday – Thursday, 2nd shift. Our client offers and excellent pay rate of $28 – $32 an hour based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities for the 2nd shift CNC Set Up Machinist Job in Macedon, NY include:
- Leading and working with other team members to machine and assemble holding fixtures.
- Prove out new programs and make or suggest changes for improvement.
- Interpret CMM reports and mechanical measurements to make necessary offset adjustments.
- Fine-tune speeds and feeds for effective tool usage.
- Create loading instructions tool lists, gage lists, and in-process inspection documents.
•Perform 1st off-part production and inspection using all measuring equipment.
- Help solve technical problems as required.
- Continuously improve existing processes.
- Train, and oversee a small group of machine operators
- Follow company Health & Safety policy and practicing safe work habits.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of experience in CNC Mill set up and operations.
- Leadership and Mentoring abilities for more junior-level machinists
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.