Emerge is actively recruiting for a Construction Cost Estimator for a fantastic construction client in Rochester, NY! The Construction Cost Estimator estimates projects and works directly with the Development team and Third-Party Clients during Pre-Construction. This position will also be responsible for monitoring the workload of the Estimating Department members and reviewing their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES for the Construction Cost Estimator in Rochester, NY:
- Reviews construction documents and understands scopes of work.
- Participates in design meetings and Owner meetings during pre-construction.
- Ability to prepare construction budgets and by performing take-offs from plans and specifications.
- Obtain budgetary pricing from vendors and subcontractors by specifying the work.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors.
- Learns Home Leasing standards for finishes, fixtures, equipment, and design criteria. Verifies that the design incorporates these items.
- Understands specific and industry related construction specifications.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Track historical costs for future reference.
- Follow standards for estimating look, feel, and thoroughness.
- Review the work of peers, make recommendations on details and accuracy.
- Assist in the transition process from Estimating/Development to construction. Meet with PMs to discuss scope and budget to provide background and critical information to the construction team.
COMPETENCIES required for the Construction Cost Estimator in Rochester, NY:
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field of study. 10-15+ years Commercial Construction experience. Proficiency with reading construction documents, specifications, and vendor product data info. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to estimate for all construction trades. Experience with Microsoft Excel, MS Project and estimating software. Ability to work well with others, good communication skills, good computer skills, ability to multi-task.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.