Emerge is actively recruiting for an exciting new Construction Superintendent position in Rochester, NY! Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction Superintendent will provide day to day on-site supervision for all phases of projects, including coordinating subcontractors, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are followed, and work is on schedule and within budget. The Construction Superintendent position pays a highly competitive base salary plus excellent benefits including 401K and lots of room for growth!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES of the Construction Superintendent in Rochester, NY
- Manage and schedule multiple (80-100) subcontractors, consultants, and vendors to ensure timely completion throughout multiple phases of projects.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed, hold weekly coordination meetings with contractors, and communicate with project manager on progress and RFI’s.
- Coordinate required inspections, identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution and notify subcontractors is they are not in compliance with work schedule or quality.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- At times may be required to perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion and punch list identification and completion.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS of the Construction Superintendent in Rochester, NY
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the jobsite.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Lead or assist with pre-construction meetings with subcontractors.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills both oral and written, able to read and interpret written information and documents, and give and follow instructions. Ability to solve problems and to provide direction to and a resolution amongst multiple subcontractors and vendors.
- Team player that is open to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit and build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, puts success of team above own interests and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, organize or schedule other people and their tasks, and develop realistic action plans. Adapt to frequent changes in the work environment like delays or unexpected events.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.