Emerge is actively recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Design Engineer job in Erie, PA for our client, a growing manufacturer of quality products. The Design Engineer will be responsible for new product development, enhancement of existing products and provides technical assistance for potential manufacturing issues. We are seeking candidates with product design using 3D modeling and CAD Software. Our client offers a base salary, benefits package, and opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer Job in Erie, PA include:
- Develop innovative products to fulfill customer requirements and enhance customer market position.
- Reviews customer proposals and requirements for feasibility; resolves problems with the customer.
- Designs products using 3D modeling with appropriate CAD software.
- Optimizes the manufacturing process and makes corrections to process documentation and engineering drawings for specific products.
- Support the development of cost reduction methods and processes.
- Designs prototype parts to determine conformance to customer requirements and validate the design. Conducts tests on prototype.
- Performs product analysis in accordance with the customer specifications.
- Coordinates suppliers/vendors out-sourcing for prototyping and initial production runs.
- Manages and coordinates design and production launch through all levels of the organization.
- Associate degree in engineering at a minimum with a bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Prefer three (3) or more years of product design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated skills in product development, materials fabrication, structural analysis and FEA.
- Excellent project management skills, with knowledge of Gantt Charts are very desirable.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.