Emerge is actively recruiting for a Design Engineer on the East Side of Rochester, NY. Our client is a global manufacturing company that is growing rapidly. They are seeking a Design Engineer hat will analyze, research, and designs components or a system of components, new products or to improve existing products while reducing cost, enhancing performance, or facilitating manufacturing operations. Designs products or systems of moderate scope and complexity for assigned programs using a variety of engineering principles from mechanical, materials science or other engineering disciplines. The Design Engineer will offer a generous compensation package, excellent benefits, 401K and room for advancement. If you are interested in joining a growing company that values people and culture, please apply NOW.
Job Duties fo the Design Engineer in Rochester, NY:
- Creates designs by analyzing product specifications, performance requirements, and existing manufacturing capabilities. Performs moderately complex design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of components, subsystems, and systems by applying engineering principles and established analytical tools. May develop detailed designs by using sketches and descriptive transfer functions provided by others.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements, cost defining recommendations, and change proposals.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product layouts, detailed drawings, and assembly drawings by coordinating with designers or drafters, interpreting customer and functional requirements, and by using computer-aided design tools and following industry and drawing standards. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, notes, and documentation in response to customer proposal requests.
- Reviews drawings and assembly models to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function and conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications. Identifies design errors, omissions and other deficiencies and recommends revisions and improvements to engineers or other designers.
- Conducts analyses and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and completes required documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures or change proposals.
- Coordinates, designs, and develops new or modifies existing product designs.
- Design and develop testing plans to evaluate new and/or existing product designs.
Required Qualifications for the Design Engineer in Rochester, NY:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
- 2-5 years prior industry experience.
- Ability to effectively function in cross-functional teams, communicate and present information to team members, team leaders and top management.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- General knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to manufacturing environments.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.