Emerge is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a Product Design Engineer Job near Rochester, NY for a growing and innovative manufacturer of medical devices. The Product Design Engineer will support the introduction of new products by leading and maintaining all Product Engineering related activities. We are seeking candidates with three (3) or more years of industry experience in close tolerance design work, preferably in the medical device field. Our client offers a competitive salary, annual bonus and comprehensive benefits package that includes no cost health insurance. Relocation may be available.
Responsibilities for the Product design Engineer Job near Rochester, NY include:
- Support the development of component and surgical device designs, which meet product design requirements, specifications, and customer usage requirements, focusing efforts on component level issues.
- Support maintenance of design records and product family history.
- Understand and identify high risk product features and functions which impact the customer.
- Support product design reviews, effectively communicate design changes and associated impacts.
- Identify and reduce design risks through deployment of analytical design methods.
Lead development of component and surgical device designs, which meet product design requirements, specifications and customer usage requirements, focusing efforts on component interactions and assembly level issues, delegating component level issues to junior team members.
- Lead product design reviews, effectively communicate design changes and associated impacts.
- Identify and reduce design risks through development and deployment of analytical design methods.
- Responsible for supporting Design and Process FMEAs to develop robust designs and processes.
- Responsible for using the output from FMEAs to determine qualification requirements and pass/fail criteria for in-process testing.
- Support development of Design Requirements and Specifications.
- Support Testing and Validation function, through participation in specification development test planning, design reviews based on build and test results, product development and validation planning, test method development and measurement system analysis.
- Support Manufacturing and Operations functions in identifying key process characteristics, suggesting process and inspection methods and assisting with process fixtures, testing and equipment qualifications as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or related technical discipline required.
- Three (3) or more years of Engineering design experience in medical device or other regulated industry required.
- Intermediate proficiency in standard MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Proficiency in FEA and other analytical methods preferred.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Tolerance Analysis (stack-ups), Minitab and statistical analysis is required.
- Proficiency with Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis preferred.
If you are qualified for this Product Design Engineer position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.