Our client is seeking a Document Processor. The client is a technology company with a public safety mission. Through relentless innovation and discovery, they are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space and making the trip to and from school safer for students.
This role is instrumental in helping to identify motorists who illegally pass stopped school buses, endangering the lives of young children. The ideal candidate will be proficient working in a high-volume clerical and administrative environment. Candidates will be required to create formal written communications and compile evidence packages for police officers and court officials for each court date. This work requires excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, superior attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand and interpret various state laws and regulations regarding school bus safety.
- Responsible for scanning all incoming and outgoing correspondence into the internal database as well as creating and mailing outgoing correspondence
- Handle all administrative tasks within the department
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed correspondence metrics/KPI’s while providing accurate letters and evidence packets.
- Be a key liaison and communicator with both internal and external parties, such as county officials and police officers
- Understand and interpret subtle differences between school bus laws and regulations in the different jurisdictions in which the client operates
- Responsible for assisting the Correspondence Team Lead with goals and team projects, as well as supporting the entire operational team in cross-training initiatives to assist with departmental workload
- Able to embrace a collaborative work environment and provide positive feedback to build a climate in which the team can succeed in bringing value and pride to their work
- Treat everyone with respect, dignity, and multi-cultural sensitivity
- Act with transparency and fairness in all transactions with colleagues and leadership
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 to 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant or similar role
- Superior level of attention to detail and proficiency in an administrative capacity
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical abilities (critical thinking and problem-solving skills)
- Adaptability and Flexibility. The ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment is crucial to your success
- Ability to perform repetitive work (meet hourly quotas of evidence package creation).
- Superior level of attention to detail and accuracy in a repetitive, task-oriented environment
- Strong time management and organizational skillset
- Demonstrated intermediate level (or above) proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (MS Office, Excel, and Word)
- Proficiency with technology (navigating cloud- based resources, IT software, and internet platforms (such as instant messenger chats, group poster boards)
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic and the desire to work as a self-motivated team player
- 4 month contract
- Monday-Friday work week, 8-5pm
- Fully in office role in Lorton, VA
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent basis
- Pay range is: $15-20/hour
Emerge seeks, in all its operations, to employ individuals for available positions based on their qualifications, working knowledge, and competency. Emerge has a continuing commitment to ensure that fair and equal employment opportunities are extended to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, alienage, citizenship or immigration status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy, military/veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, or based on their relationship or association with
members of a protected class or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.. Emerge is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
By completing an application with us, you seek to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently deliver outstanding service to our customers and contribute to the financial success of the organization, its clients and its employees. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact our Emerge Recruitment Office.