Emerge is actively recruiting for an experienced and energetic Field Application Engineer in the Davenport, Iowa area. Our client specializes in the manufacturing of Engineered Products. The Field Application Engineer will report directly to the Director of Product Marketing. The Field Application Engineer uses their knowledge of a technical product’s features and operations to support sales and provide remote and onsite technical support for these products. The Field Application Engineer assess customers’ technical needs, work with the customers to engineer a solution, explain details about products, provide installation and setup oversight, and share voice of the customer information with product managers and engineering teams to support new product development. The Field Application Engineer will require travel up to 50% as needed to provide on-site support, tradeshow participation, and at least quarterly corporate office visits as applicable for remote employees. The Field Application Engineer will offer a generous compensation package, bonus, excellent benefits,401K, and room for advancement. If you are interested in joining a fast-growing company, please apply NOW to our National Practice Director, Lisa Capizzi at Lisa.Capizzi@Emerge360 or you can call Lisa at 585-953-1649.
Job Duties for the Field Application Engineer in Davenport, Iowa:
- Work with customers to assess their needs, engineer solutions, explain product offerings, and develop formal quotes / pricing proposals for technical sales opportunities. Customer interactions including deals and tickets must be documented in our CRM system.
- Provide remote or on-site application support and installation oversight for customers when needed, including ongoing monitoring of network and asset health at IIoT deployment sites.
- Provide primary technical support for products. Research, prioritize and resolve customer issues in a timely and accurate manner. Own closure of assigned support tickets within one business day unless waiting on response from customer. Record customer interactions against the associated ticket in CRM system.
- Document and maintain a technical library (Knowledge Base, KB) for customer support, ensuring customer service is thoroughly trained on all new articles. Ensure new articles are created and updated to reflect current product/technology capabilities and standards.
- Share voice-of-the-customer feedback during presales and post-sales support, including negative feedback, to the product manager. Ensure submission of tickets when necessary.
- Associate degree in engineering or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in industrial sales or support
- Working knowledge of cloud-based architecture such as Azure and communication protocols such as MQTT (Sparkplug).
- Multilingual is a plus.
Required Skills for the Field Application Engineer in Davenport, Iowa;
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.