HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Emerge is conducting an exclusive search for an exciting new opportunity for a Human Resources Director with a rapid growth fast-food client in Manhattan, NY. With this growth, our client has created this key leadership position to further serve the needs of their Team and their valued guests.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic HR Lead to join our team. As the HR Lead, you will play a pivotal role in the organization’s growth and success by providing strategic leadership and oversight across a range of essential HR functions. Your responsibilities will encompass areas such as talent acquisition, employee training and development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, policies and compliance, analytics, and corporate communications. You will collaborate closely with executive leadership to drive alignment of HR strategies with our overarching business goals and objectives.
Key Priorities and Initiatives:
- HR compliance and considerations:
- Proficient in employee compliance laws and expectations from a New York City, New York state, and federal perspective for both hourly and corporate employees.
- Understanding of fair work week compliance, hourly employee pay nuances, employee hour tracking and corrections, and other requirements.
- Ability to create and deliver HR trainings and SOP’s surrounding, including but not limited to policy, onboarding, and compliance.
- Understanding food compliance is a plus.
- Payroll efficiency – understanding of payroll technology platforms and how to drive efficiency at scale. Preferably knowledge in UKG and ADP payroll platforms.
- Ongoing Training – Create, manage, and execute a training roadmap for both field staff and corporate staff.
- Reporting and Analytics – ongoing management of all HR portals.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Development and alignment of HR strategies to overall business goals and objectives.
- Leadership of existing HR team.
- Partnership with executive leadership to drive organizational culture and values.
Talent Acquisition and Recruiting
- Ongoing optimization, development, and implementation of recruiting and hiring methodology.
- Ensure all fair and consistent hiring practices.
- Optimize recruitment playbook and strategy for both field and corporate needs.
- Create recruiting tracker and report agreed upon metrics to executive leadership team.
- Update job descriptions to mirror current roles.
Employee Training and Development
- Create and implement ongoing employee training programs.
- Ongoing identification of skills gaps and employee growth opportunities.
- Optimize current performance tracking processes including goal setting, personal KPIs, feedback methodology, and performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing coaching to managers surrounding team performance, leadership skills, and effective management tactics.
- Manage all performance metrics that assess individual performance.
- Address all employee concerns, conflicts, and grievances in a partial and timely manner.
- Develop programing in partnership with executive leadership to drive employee culture.
- Promote employee satisfaction and engagement thru ongoing positive work environment tactics.
Compensation and Benefits
- Manage all comp and benefits offerings.
- Manage payroll department to ensure all field paychecks are accurate and on time.
- Optimize current payroll process to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Experience in UKG and ADP payroll technology.
- Stay up to date with all comp and benefits trends.
- Ensure legal regulations compliance.
Policies and Compliance
- Optimize and implement HR policies and procedures and ensure that all are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Stay up to date on all state and federal labor laws and regulations for all company industries.
- Implement policy and procedure when appropriate to keep the organization compliant.
Analytics and Reporting
- Gather and maintain all relevant metrics regarding turnover, performance, etc.
- Oversee all internal corporate and field communications and develop ongoing strategies for long term communication cadences.
- Communicate all internal policies and updates regularly to all employees and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP certification(s) desirable.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ broad-based experience in Human Resources field
- Full understanding of HR principles, best practices, and state and federal regulations
- Ability to solve complex people challenges and bring fast solutions
- Knowledge and experience with HR data analytical tools
- Fast-food industry experience highly desirable
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefit Options
- 401K Plan
- 14 Days PTO
- 8 Paid Holidays
- In office food options provided
- Employee food discounts available
Who We Are.
We are a mid-size QSR Business with a lot of room to grow. We are professional, agile, and customer centric. Our unique purpose is to build a better restaurant franchise model that is faster, more flexible, more predictable, and more profitable than all other franchise groups in the US. From our unique hiring strategy focused on employee referrals, to our combined organic and M&A growth strategy, we are the GOLD STANDARD in how to scale a multi-brand franchise model.
We respect and understand the value of our customers and team.
We truly listen to our Guests. We seek feedback from our Team. We strive to meet and exceed expectations. We understand that we play an important role in the daily lives of our Guests and our Team. We own the impact we have on our Team and their families in their ability to create and achieve their own dreams.
We start with trust.
We value integrity above all else. We do the right thing for our company and our Guests, especially when nobody is watching. We are present and transparent, so our Team knows they are supported. Our Team members are loyal. They not only stay with us as team members, but they also proactively bring their friends and family to work with us.
We are passionate about what we do, and it shows.
Our customers are rabid fans, and we strive to meet their expectations. We treat others the way we want to be treated. We empower our Team to make good choices to delight every Guest with every interaction. We take pride in creating this loyalty that keeps Guests coming back to OUR locations, because we are superior versus our competitors and our Guests can see and feel it.
We are connected.
Food + Service is the foundation of our company because Food CONNECTS people, and Service is the dominant ATTITUDE of our team. Through transparency, connection, and accountability, every problem is an opportunity to delight our Guests and support our Team.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDHH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.