Emerge is currently recruiting for a Director of Human Resources near the Syracuse, NY area. Our client is a GLOBAL Manufacturing company with multiple plants throughout the United States. The ideal candidate will act as an employee champion and a leader of change. You will plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s human resource function and performance. This is a UNION environment. The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the VP of the Americas. This role will offer a generous base, relocation, bonus, excellent benefits and room for growth. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply NOW to our Practice Director, Lisa Capizzi at Lisa.Capizzi@Emerge360.com or call Lisa at 585-953-1649.
Responsibilities for the Director of Human Resources in Syracuse, NY:
- Maintain a positive labor relations climate. Liaison for union issues, grievance handling through arbitration, consul with legal counsel as necessary. Achieve a healthier/happier work environment. Improve morale, performance, quality, and efficiencies.
- React quickly to staffing needs and changes. Manages recruitment activity; initiates & maintains requisitions and follows plan guidelines for manpower needs.
- Administer and implement fair and reasonable rules, policies, and procedures. Achieve and maintain credibility and reduce liability for Huhtamaki and for staff. To maintain compliance with Company requirements as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- Support all levels of management as a resource in HR areas. Assist management staff to maintain high level of professionalism and deal with issues using accurate facts and information.
- Facilitate communications between internal customers (employees). Achieve and maintain customer satisfaction in HR areas – a more harmonious workforce.
- Manage the Human Resources team, providing the necessary leadership to stay focused on meeting goals of the SMG and local management. To maximize employee performance. To maintain a team spirit to meet the needs of our employees. To reduce turnover within the HR department and maintain a high level of pride and job satisfaction.
- Minimize and prevent Company liability by remaining in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as well as company policies, rules, and practices. To reduce or eliminate costly economic fines and/or penalties that would negatively impact our business. To do the right thing in dealing with employees, issues, and concerns by investigating and resolving them appropriately.
- Actively support the community. Continue to openly interact with local, county and state officials to maximize our ability to meet company objectives as a manufacturing site. To maintain a positive image with our neighbors in/around Fulton.
- Manage company functions for employees, managers including supervision; Perform investigations related to serious policy or mill rule violations, allegations of hostile work environment or harassment.
- Investigate allegations of inappropriate behavior; excessive absenteeism, CBA violations; ability to defuse stressful situations, disgruntled employees; union officers.
Qualifications for the Director of Human Resources in Syracuse, NY:
- Have a 4-year college degree in Business Administration, HR Management, or related field.
- 3-5 years Human Resources work experience.
- 5 years manufacturing HR experience with strong HR generalist background.
- 5 years labor contract negotiation experience – have hands on experience as chief spokesperson at negotiating a new CBA a plus; attended formal training in negotiations/collective bargaining.
- 3-5 years of training/facilitator skills in HR areas, i.e., safety, benefits, compensation; possess a working knowledge of safety programs and processes, accident investigation and OSHA compliance; attended formal safety school or seminars; have been a committee member on the safety team.
- MBA in Business Management is desirable.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.