Emerge is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor job near Syracuse, NY. You will be working for a company that is passionate about people, their products and innovation. Our client specializes in the production of custom packaging solutions. The Maintenance Supervisor will plan and schedules maintenance activities (e.g. planned maintenance programs, shut-downs, or emergency repairs) of maintenance teams. The Maintenance Supervisor will allocate maintenance technicians to tasks and activities for maximum efficiency. You will direct facility and production-related maintenance activities for the factory to obtain maximum efficiency from both equipment and personnel to meet or exceed department objectives. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Maintenance Manager and offer a base salary, excellent benefits, 401K, on-doing training, stability and room for advancement. If you are interested in being part of a growing team who cares and dares to deliver, please apply NOW,
Job Duties for the Maintenance Supervisor near Syracuse, NY:
- Direct production-related maintenance activities through effective scheduling of maintenance resources (parts, services and staffing) to support production volumes.
- . Achieve plant safety goal of <4.36 RIR through heightened awareness, safety audits and improvements in housekeeping. Maintain AIB Superior Rating and YUM and IMS certifications.
- Achieve Maintenance Department objectives. Achieve OPMS Measurements. Effective training and development of employees by providing clear objectives, tools and resources needed to succeed, and continual review for feedback.
- troubleshooting lines that are needed for production when no time/parts/service/resources/money are available – how to manage a short-term “quick fix” and a longer-term permanent repair while building a cohesive maintenance team.
- The position must continuously monitor and balance short term vs. long term challenges. Staffing and training plans must first be developed, budgeted and then implemented in order to achieve long range plans.
Qualifications preferred for the Maintenance Supervisor near Syracuse, NY:
- Associate or BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering).
- Minimum of (3) years experience in maintenance supervisory in a union environment.
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems (including hydraulics and pneumatics).
- Working knowledge of OSHA and Good Manufacturing Practices. Experience in Print (flexo/litho) and/or Paper Industry.
- Extensive knowledge of controls automation, electrical distribution, facility maintenance and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Good communication (oral and written) and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to use computer software systems including Work, Excel, Powerpoint, LotusNotes. Experience with Maintenance CMMS system (Mainsaver) and Microsoft Project.