Emerge is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a 2nd shift Manufacturing Engineer Job south of Rochester, NY for a growing and innovative manufacturer of medical devices. The Manufacturing Engineer will support the operations of the Cleanroom Assembly Area, with a focus on process improvement, cycle time reduction, waste elimination and defect prevention. The Manufacturing Engineer will participate in process improvement initiatives, establishment of process base line metrics such as OEE, and SPC implementation and process data analysis. The Manufacturing Engineer ensures efficient operation of manufacturing processes within production; creates project plans, performs utilization studies, identifies capacity needs and constraints, and makes improvements. We are seeking candidates with three (3) or more years of industry experience relevant operations/manufacturing engineering experience in Automotive, Medical Device, Pharma, or equivalent highly regulated manufacturing industry. Our client offers a competitive salary, annual bonus and comprehensive benefits package that includes no cost health insurance. Relocation may be available.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer Job – 2nd shift near Rochester, NY include:
- Provide daily on-the-floor technical support working closely with Manufacturing Cell Leads, Supervisors, Production Technicians, Maintenance Technicians, and Quality and Manufacturing Engineers. Ensures efficient operation of manufacturing processes within production; creates project plans, performs utilization studies, identifies capacity needs and constraints, and makes improvements.
- Provides information and product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing product and process variation trends.
- Troubleshoot and remediate problems with existing production processes to ensure throughput.
- Support the selection, installation, and validation of medical device process/packaging equipment utilizing project management tools, Risk Analysis/pFMEA, and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Understanding and calculating process capability (OEE, OOE, TEEP, FPY, etc.).
- Responsible for supporting the process qualification protocols and reports (IQ, OQ, and PQ) and supporting proper installation of new equipment.
- Support the operational excellence design, deployment, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Provide daily Operational KPI’s status on assigned manufacturing area/shift and lead a multidisciplinary team to provide the required corrective, preventive, improvement, and risk mitigation actions.
- Evaluates and promotes the adequacy of work instructions, visual aids and set up sheets and standardized visual management system.
- B.S. Degree in mechanical, manufacturing, engineering, or similar technical field
- 3+ years of relevant operations/manufacturing engineering experience in Automotive, Medical Device, Pharma, or equivalent highly regulated manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing and delivery of executive-level presentations.
- Familiar with manufacturing efficiency tools such as Lean – Six Sigma, 6S, Value Stream mapping, SPC, Process capability, installed capacity, etc.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing, FMEA, DOE, and Validations.
- Understanding of ergonomics as related to repetitive stress injuries.
- Experience using 3D CAD Design Software (desired).
- Problem solving and decision-making skills and ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proven proficiency in MS Office (Power point, Excel, etc.) and statistical software such as Minitab.
- Attention to detail and tasks being performed in order to identify potential changes and/or problems with the processes and products.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.