Emerge is currently seeking qualified candidates for a direct hire Materials Engineer Job in Clyde, NY for our client, a manufacturer of quality Aerospace parts. The Materials Engineer is a “hands-on” position in a Material Laboratory, and will prepare lab samples for analysis, perform and manage daily hardness validations and provide Engineering support utilizing sectioned samples, destructive test methods, magnified images, and reports. This position will work with other Materials Engineers in the department. Our client offers a generous salary of between $75,000 and $85,000 per year plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package that includes, insurance, 401L,onsite gym, and student loan repayment benefit.
Responsibilities for the Material Engineer job in Clyde, NY include:
- Assist in analyzing and reporting testing conclusions using internal, customer and industry specs.
- Communication with multifunctional departments regarding process concerns, product investigations, process improvement projects, etc.
- Preparation of samples for metallographic analysis
- Input data for daily tracking of lab metrics
- Assist in prioritizing daily Lab workflows.
- Provide Engineering and Customer support as needed.
- Manage all etchant materials (expired, no longer used, proper disposal, etc.)
- Ensure job request packets are present, accurate and complete.
- Daily hardness test equipment validation (logged and tracked)
- Perform all required Round Robin Testing
- Perform all work in accordance with safety and quality requirements.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS)
- Prefer 1 or more years of experience in a Materials Lab environment, including coop and internships.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings
- Knowledge of superalloys and manufacturing processes (vacuum brazing, welding, EDM, etc.)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Basic manufacturing environment knowledge
- Basic awareness of AS9100/ ISO 9001, ISO17025
- Prior materials lab experience is a plus!
- Use of digital microscopes
- Experience with round robin testing
- ASM course work completion
- Due to the company’s military contractor status, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.