Emerge is actively recruiting for a Metrology Engineering job on the east side of Rochester, NY. Our client is a global manufacturing company that is growing rapidly. The Metrology Engineer will use a variety of contact and non-contact measurement gages and equipment to calibrate gages traceable to NIST and to measure production hardware for compliance. Additionally, the Metrology Engineer will be involved in Engineering studies for process improvements, investigations and proves validations. This activity is accomplished via the use of conventional Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), multi sensor CMM, Vision Systems, Trace and Form Machines as well as various handheld gages such as micrometers, test indicators, go/ no-go gages, etc. The Metrology Engineering job will offer a generous base salary, excellent benefits, 401K, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement and room for advancement. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply NOW to Lisa.Capizzi@Emerge360.com or call Lisa at 585-953-1649.
Job Duties for the Metrology Engineering job near the east side of Rochester, NY:
- Perform calibrations on functional gages
- Measure 1st articles (as needed.)
- Performs cadenced Re-qualification of probes on CMM.
- Compiles and inputs data for Lab Metrics.
- Measure parts on equipment using existing programs & fixtures.
- Assist in creating programs on Metrology lab measuring equipment (as needed).
- Perform data driven improvement projects.
- Performs Product audit measurement and reporting.
- Approve new or revised gage and fixture designs.
- Perform Product Impact dispositions and corrective action (as required).
- Perform receiving inspection and record required data for Metrology Metrics.
- Assist engineering with investigation projects.
- Perform Gage R&R and Capability Studies (as needed).
Job Requirements for the Metrology Engineer near the east side of Rochester, NY:
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Completion of Basic & Advanced Quality Training
- Strong MS Office competency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-Starter who is motivated by external and internal customer satisfaction and favorable metrics.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings.
- Good working knowledge of GD&T.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Basic manufacturing environment knowledge.
- Safety and Compliance minded.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Basic awareness of AS9100/ ISO 9001, ISO17025.
- Engaged with the Metrology industry/ Latest methods of measurement.
- Minitab experience (Gage R&R and Process Capability Studies).
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.