Emerge is actively recruiting for an Operations Manager near the Syracuse, NY area. Our client is a global manufacturing company with multiple plants across the U.S. Our client believes in inspiring people to grow and share their experience with colleagues. They are committed to people and the planet. The Operations Manager will direct all manufacturing shipping operations and manage utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet or exceed performance objectives. The Operations Manager will drive manufacturing, shipping, and material handling departments to identify projects and initiatives to meet all plant level and departmental KPI’s. The Operations Manager will drive continuous improvement philosophy throughout the manufacturing. The Operations Manager will report to the Plant Manager and offer a generous base, excellent benefits, 401K and room for advancement. If you are passionate and want to join a company that fosters creativity, please apply NOW to our Practice Director, Lisa Capizzi at Lisa.Capizzi@Emerge360.com or call Lisa at 585-953-1649 to learn more.
Job Duties for the Operations Manager near Syracuse, NY:
- Achieve OE budget for facility by managing the effective utilization of equipment and personnel to maximize efficiency, Waste and OEE.
- Manage Departmental budgets through weekly review of matrix numbers, monthly departmental reviews, and daily approval of major expenditures.
- Direct improvement to achieve plant and departmental KPI goals by building cost reduction initiatives, capital project plan and improvement activities and holding departments accountable for achieving.
- Improve safety recordable rate by actively participating in Safety Steering Committee, develop and provide content for Bi-monthly safety crew meetings to deliver a consistent message to all employees, driving departmental safety teams through project support, adherence to safety audits and improvements in housekeeping. Drive a culture of zero recordable and lost time injuries.
- Implement Continuous Improvement and WCO through relentless focus on corrective, and preventive actions and building this philosophy throughout the organization.
- Improve product quality. Both on a cost basis and by meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Data driven focus on reducing DPPM, COPQ and improving Cpk of critical variables and attributes. Improved product quality will improve consistency which will reduce internal failure cost, (waste and DT), and external failures- customer claims.
- Develop effective team. Set clear goals and objectives, give tools to succeed and give responsibility and authority to make decisions.
- Drive WCO process by leading WCO team efforts and audit existing process for adherence and BPD determination. WCO program needs to be driven to prevent mixed copy product from reaching customer and consumers.
- Provide leadership and support to the Material Qualification and EWO process to help reduce costs and strengthen our material supply chain. Partnering with Suppliers, vendors, and customers to provide cost savings and innovations.
- Negotiate favorable terms, contracts and relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Drive efforts around talent management, sustainability, and other strategic company initiatives. This includes motivating employees, developing, and implementing retention strategies, effectively communication the vision and core values, aligning projects and resources to meet company needs to deliver plant and department KPI’s.
- Establishing the annual budget and controlling spending while adjusting to meet actual business volume and customer demands.
- Implement the Collective Bargaining Agreement as negotiated, assist in negotiating and establishing new policies, procedures, and agreements.
Job Requirements for the Operations Manager near Syracuse, NY:
- Have 5-10 years of experience managing large manufacturing groups desirable.
- 4-year college degree in Business or related field – master’s degree desirable.
- Have 5-8 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Have 5-10 years progressive responsibility and experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment desirable.
- Ability to multitask and manage a heavy workload at any time of day.
- Have strong computer skills in Excel, Word, BPCS, PI, PowerPoint.
- Have effective communication skills – both verbal and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Have strong leadership skills and ability to manage large groups of people and large production departments.
- Have knowledge of printing processes, packaging equipment and processes, and Shipping and Warehousing.
- Have a proven record of success managing a large multi-departmental production group.
- Have safety awareness.
- Understand critical elements needed for an effective safety process desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead across, upwards and downwards in the organization.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.