Emerge is actively recruiting for a Plant Controller near the Syracuse, NY area. Our global client specializes in manufacturing packaging solutions. They have been in business for over 110 years and are continuing to grow. The Plant Controller will report directly to the Plant Manager. The Plant Controller is in a leadership position and will execute the financial operational goals for the plant. The Plant Controller will develop and achieve the Operating Budget for the site and to the Executive Leadership team. The Plant Controller will offer a generous compensation package including a 20% annual bonus, relocation, excellent benefits, 401K, and room for growth. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply NOW to our Sr. Search Consultant, Elaine McKenna, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duties for the Plant Controller near the Syracuse, NY area:
- Provide financial analysis, support, and reporting for the manufacturing facility in Fulton, NY.
- As a member of the management team, develop a business plan and forecasts to estimate the future impact of such decisions. Prepare timely and accurate operations reports for the management team that provide useful information on over and above standard financial reporting.
- Provide financial leadership for the site through assisting and supporting the plant manager and leadership team in the areas of finance such as general accounting, inventory accounting, cost accounting, capital spending, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Develop and achieve the Operating Budget for the site by providing leadership and direction to the managers of the various departments.
- Database administration and process improvement management by working with managers to identify ways to reduce cost and improve productivity–administer Bills of Material, Work Center Routings and develop Standard Costs.
- Lead Cost quoting process for the Fulton Operation.
- Develop and maintain cost information, which can be used to guide decisions to support the plant’s goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Perform variance analysis and work with Operations team to understand what is driving performance.
- Facilitate month end close and subsequent analysis of performance results.
- Support Facility success in reaching productivity goals. Prepare and communicate relevant data regarding manufacturing performance trends.
- Prepare and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Establish internal controls related to inventory flow through the facility.
- Apply for state and local incentives and manage the tracking and reporting of these incentives.
- Complete local, state, and federal reporting requirements for the facility.
- Negotiate various vendor contracts.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as champion, process owner, accounting expert, or team member.
Job Requirements for the Plant Controller near the Syracuse, NY area:
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting with a master’s degree desirable.
- CPA or CMA desirable.
- Prior supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment of 5 or more years.
- Have experience managing the entire spectrum of finance and accounting in a manufacturing environment including budgeting, accounting, and related department personnel.
- Knowledge in printing operations is desirable.
- Have a strong knowledge of MRP concepts and prior work experience of 3 years with cost accounting.
- Have prior experience as a Controller or Financial Manager of a manufacturing site.
- Possess strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, technical and communication skills.
- Can effectively interface with all levels of employees as well as external auditors.
- Experience with BPCS, Business Intelligence, Excel, and other financial programs.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, services, marketing, and business solutions to our clients. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.