Emerge, a global talent solutions company, is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Wax Process Engineer position in Hampton, VA Our client is an aerospace manufacturer comprised of innovators and makers, boasting a state-of-the-art investment casting facility. The Wax Process Engineer position is responsible for ensuring that the Wax processes (e.g. injection, pattern assembly, and pattern inspection) are performed in compliance with the methods, materials, and equipment specifications and plant-specific requirements. The Process Owner is accountable for process improvement, control, and standardization in the assigned area, and works closely with Operations, Engineering, Quality, and other stakeholders. Our client offers a salary based on experience along with excellent benefits, including a generous 401k retirement plan, medical insurance, retirement savings plan, and more. Relocation is available.
Responsibilities for the Wax Process Engineer job in Hampton, VA include:
- Oversee the development of standard policies, procedures, and practices to ensure the processes within the Wax operations are standardized and controlled.
- Establish and maintain the process owner’s performance metrics and reporting systems.
- Monitor key variables of the manufacturing sub-processes (e.g. injection molding, wax pattern assembly and pattern visual inspection) to determine process stability
- Drive process stability and improvements through structured Process Management and by promoting best practice methodologies and new technologies.
- Ensure the timely and effective resolution of issues resulting from internal, peer, and external audits.
- Interact with internal and external customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues.
- Responsible for determination of the root cause of any deviation from critical process specifications and provide technical support to Process and Product Engineering to resolve wax process related issues.
- Follow EHS Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) requirements along with all department-specific safety requirements Contribute to Business Unit new technology adaptation and validation efforts.
- Support location Production Control Manager and Supplier Quality Engineer in regard to wax outsource vendors.
- Responsible for control and approval of all generic Wax process Work Instructions (i.e. Activity Instructions).
- Institute proper project monitoring, follow-up and feedback system to ensure financial and contract targets are met. (Example: Yields and Rework)
- Foster continuous improvement utilizing process management, designed experiments, Six Sigma, and statistical process control.
- As a recognized expert in the wax process technology area, provide technical guidance to management and peers in areas of current or potential needs of the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Preferred disciplines include Plastics Engineering, Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience required.
- Experience in plastics injection molding, assembly, or decorating is preferred.
- Experience in tooling use or design is preferred.
- Six Sigma green belt and/or black belt preferred Must be able to read blueprints and conceptualize product configurations.
- Must have the ability to informally lead manufacturing operators and cross functional groups effectively and professionally.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.