Emerge is actively recruiting for a Construction Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager position in Albany, NY! Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager coordinates drawing and specification information between our client company, Architect/Engineer of Record, and the project subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES of the Construction Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager position in Albany, NY:
- Process Submittals to and from the subcontractors and the architect
- Process RFI’s to and from the subcontractors and the architect
- Understand the Project Specifications and Drawings
- Keep updated record drawings posted in TEAM and on site.
- Answer questions from subcontractors, and internal team
- Assist with tracking COR’s/PCO’s
- Make sure printed RFI’s and submittals are at project jobsite. Create logbooks.
- Follow up on project issues.
- Assist with Pricing and compile information for items missed during buy out stage.
- Assist with Pricing and coordination of ASIs.
- Gather and maintain safety documents at project sites.
- Maintain all information in TEAM.
- Assist in managing communication between all project specific agencies and distribution of all documents.
- Assist with the management of Company Safety Programs. Organize and track all safety paperwork related to OSHA for the Company.
- Prepare the weekly construction meeting packets for all on-going jobs. Create the construction meeting packets for a new project. Create invitations for Draw and Progress Meetings for all jobs.
- “Set Up” a new Project- i.e., Create the following: a Document Tracking Spreadsheet, Folders for Reporting, Documents for Reporting and Contract Documents, Meeting Packets and a Subcontractor and General Contact List
- Assist the entire Construction Team with any administrative duties required.
- Maintain Shared Calendar for Construction Team
- Assist the PM with creation of Subcontracts & Purchase Orders
- Assist the PM with creation of Change Orders
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS of the Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager in Albany, NY:
- Budgeting and budget tracking
- Document control and organizational skills