Emerge is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Maintenance Mechanic Job in Rochester, NY for our client, a growing manufacturer. The Maintenance Mechanic will install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and piping and electrical systems in the plant. We are seeking candidates with three or more years of hands-on experience in Industrial Maintenance. We have 1st shift and 2nd shift. Our client offers a competitive hourly salary of $28-$31 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities for the Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job in Rochester, NY include:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on machinery and building.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work.
- Troubleshoot and repair various production machinery, including saws, hydraulic presses and associated equipment:
- Repair and replace mechanical components and assemblies, including install of dies and fixtures, bearing assemblies, chains, belts and sliding component wear plates
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electrical issues, from control power (transforms, power supplies, contactors, relays, motor starters and overloads) to 480V distribution and motors
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hydraulic issues including loss of system pressures, cylinder actuation, pump or valve leaks or malfunctions; replace hydraulics pumps, motors, cylinders valves and other associated components
- Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams
- Align and balance new equipment after installations
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Operate overhead cranes and hoists, forklifts, scissor and boom lifts
- Maintain a safe and organized workstation and follow all Company policies, safety, and procedures
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Three (3) or more years of hands on experience
- Strong math and measurement skills
- Operate a forklift and man lift to all approved OSHA and standards (will be certified).
If you are qualified for this position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.