Emerge is currently recruiting qualified candidates for a direct hire Senior Product Design Engineer for our client, a growing medical device manufacturer located near Rochester, NY. The Senior Product Design Engineer supports introduction of new products by leading and maintaining all Product Engineering related activities. The Senior Product Design Engineer provides functional expertise, leadership, and mentorship to the Product Engineering function in the design department. Our client offers a competitive salary, annual bonus and comprehensive benefits package that includes no cost health insurance. Relocation may be available.
Requirements for the Senior Product Design Engineer job in Rochester, NY:
- Support the development of component and surgical device designs, which meet product design requirements, specs, and customer usage requirements.
- Support maintenance of design records and product family history.
- Identify and reduce design risks through deployment of analytical design methods.
- Lead development of component and surgical device designs
- Lead product design reviews, effectively communicate design changes and associated impacts.
- Responsible for supporting Design and Process FMEAs to develop robust designs and processes and for using the output from FMEAs to determine qualification requirements and pass/fail criteria for in-process testing.
- Provide leadership to the Product Engineering, guiding week to week priorities based on project needs.
- Provide functional expertise and mentorship to the Product Engineering function.
- Support development of Design Requirements and Specifications.
- Support Testing and Validation function, through participation in specification development test planning, design reviews based on build and test results, product development and validation planning, test method development and measurement system analysis.
- Support Manufacturing and Operations functions in identifying key process characteristics, suggesting process and inspection methods, and assisting with process fixtures, testing and equipment qualifications as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or related technical discipline required.
- Must have seven (7) or more years of Engineering Design experience in medical device or other regulated industry required.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or other 3D CAD system required.
- Proficiency with written and verbal presentation of technical concepts to Senior Leadership.
- Proficiency in FEA, Root cause analysis, Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis preferred.
- Proficiency with Tolerance Analysis (stack-ups) required.
- Proficiency with Minitab and statistical analysis required.
- Expert proficiency in standard MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
- Demonstration of leadership capability required.
- Basic Proficiency in MS-Project preferred.
- Proficiency with GD&T, Finite Element Analysis, Robust Design analysis Design for Manufacturing, Design for Reliability, Experimental Design (DOE).
If you are qualified for this Senior Design Engineer position, please click “apply now”. Thank you in advance for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. #INDDH
Who is Emerge? We are a global talent solutions company working with clients all over the world. We deliver managed sales, marketing, and business operations solutions to our clients. These solutions are an extension of your existing operations. We are committed to your success, working quickly and efficiently to provide tangible, measurable results.